Help Please

My Venus fly traps are producing these little tiny leaves with no traps on them. I don't know what is wrong because my water is from reverse osmosis and I tested it with a tds meter, it's getting alot of sunlight and the Venus fly traps next to it are doing perfectly fine. If anyone knows what I can do to save it that would be much appreciated.
19767
19768
 
Before repotting, inspect the rhizome, if it’s nice, firm and white you are good , if it’s yellow and black and mushy , it’s dead rot.

I would also pour directly to the substrate a mixture of one cup of demineralized water with 1 tea spoon of hydrogen peroxide 3%, this will help to create air bubble and give enough oxygen to stop the drowning of the plant (water as filled all the air pockets so we need to get rid of the water by rising oxygen inside the substrate), it will also kill bacteria and pathogen. You can even clean the plant with a mixture of 2 cup of demineralized water with 1 tea spoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% before repotting.

After keep it with strong light and low humidity and at least 25C to give it a chance to survive, always keep the water level very far from the rhizome.
 
Before repotting, inspect the rhizome, if it’s nice, firm and white you are good , if it’s yellow and black and mushy , it’s dead rot.

I would also pour directly to the substrate a mixture of one cup of demineralized water with 1 tea spoon of hydrogen peroxide 3%, this will help to create air bubble and give enough oxygen to stop the drowning of the plant (water as filled all the air pockets so we need to get rid of the water by rising oxygen inside the substrate), it will also kill bacteria and pathogen. You can even clean the plant with a mixture of 2 cup of demineralized water with 1 tea spoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% before repotting.

After keep it with strong light and low humidity and at least 25C to give it a chance to survive, always keep the water level very far from the rhizome.
Ok, thanks, should I pour in the hydrogen peroxide before repotting, after or while directly on the plant
 
Do you suggest to use this mix to wet the peat moss while prepare the substrat ? would like to avoid the cyanobacterias... Thank you
A quick fix to kill bacteria wet peat moss is to microwave it (don’t use dry peat moss unless you want to smoke the house). You will have to cooldown the peat moss before use. If you what to treat your peat moss with hydrogen peroxide, you can double the strenght of the mixture and wait at least an hour before using it. You will notice the bubbling due to hydrogen peroxide make you peat moss double in size creating extra oxygen area inside the substrate.

Yes you can wet it but put gloves if you use extra hydrogen peroxide. I prefer to wet it normally and only treat the peat moss after one usage.
 

coconut

Carnivore
A quick fix to kill bacteria wet peat moss is to microwave it (don’t use dry peat moss unless you want to smoke the house). You will have to cooldown the peat moss before use. If you what to treat your peat moss with hydrogen peroxide, you can double the strenght of the mixture and wait at least an hour before using it. You will notice the bubbling due to hydrogen peroxide make you peat moss double in size creating extra oxygen area inside the substrate.

Yes you can wet it but put gloves if you use extra hydrogen peroxide. I prefer to wet it normally and only treat the peat moss after one usage.
I ''baked'' the wet peat moss, however don't like much the texture of the peat after the cooking. It does produce a layer of ash alike after several days of potting ! May be I overcooked the peat. Thanks for the advices.
 
I ''baked'' the wet peat moss, however don't like much the texture of the peat after the cooking. It does produce a layer of ash alike after several days of potting ! May be I overcooked the peat. Thanks for the advices.
No baking for you :p

Remember it’s not a brownies we are trying to do but killing quickly bacteria with microwave ;)
 
Top